A Day In The Life of Krista..

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Honey Clean Out The Freezer!!!!!

So - picture this - last night -

My cell phone rings on my way home from work - it's Justin calling to tell me he won't be home til dark because he is going to take a drive on the bike out back of his dad's house to see if he can see any signs of any deer. Great I think - I don't have to make supper until later tonight!

So I get home - and am trying to dry off the dog's feet so he can come in the house, and the phone rings, and rings, and rings - remember, I'm cleaning the dogs feet and if I stop, he'll run through the house with muddy paws!

So I answer the phone finally - this is how the conversation goes;

Me - Hello?
Justin - Honey clean out the freezer
Me - Why?
Justin - I just got my deer

~so I should take you back to the setting of the scene - Justin calls me at 6:10 to tell me he's going hunting, and this conversation takes place at 6:25~

Me - what? You got your deer?
Justin - Yup, and I didn't go out back of dad's.. it was raining too hard, so I went for a drive on the Irving roads
Me - ~still in shock at this~ ooh - ok. How big is he?
Justin - 4 point, about 150 lbs!

So - that's how my night went last night.. didnt have to cook supper until 11, because we spent the whole evening gutting, skinning and cleaning the deer!

But - mmmmm.. I can already taste the gravy!!!

I'd post pics, but they're a little graphic! Perhaps I'll scrapbook them instead!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home