A Day In The Life of Krista..

Monday, July 17, 2006

Hot Productive Profitworthy Weekend!!

Man.. what a hot one it was this weekend.. am I ever glad Justin talked me into letting him put a heat pump in our house.. now we can cool the house down to 45 degrees F is we want.. however that's too chilly.. we kept the house between 69 and 71 this weekend.. it was GREAT!!

Friday night, we never started to set up for the Yard Sale until almost 9pm!! It was just too hot! Justin went to get the tables shortly after we got home from work, and I started cleaning up the "wood" around the house so that we wouldn't get any lawsuits from yardsale customers who broke their ankles (for those of you who don't know.. we're almost done building our deck.. resulting in zillions of little 'nubbins' (as Justin calls them) of wood dropped wherever the saws have been.. ). I grabbed a fuzzy duck from the fridge, and the dog and I went out to clean up. Didn't last long.. I quickly gathered everything up, threw it in our garbage trolly (because the wheel barrow was already full of junk), and headed back in the house. When it was finally cool enough to drag my junk outside, the bugs were out.. so we quickly set up, some "early birders" came yard sale-ing while we were setting up, and we came in just in time to watch the NASCAR qualifying.

Saturday morning - got up early, hung some laundry out on the line, and got prepared to make some money!!!! As soon as we took the tarps off of the tables, people were coming. I think around 9:00, we counted at least 15 cars between being parked in the driveway and on the side of the road. By noon, we were HOT, and I could feel my shoulders tingling. Business slowed down, so Jen decided that she would go yard sale-ing (as most of our road was having yard sales too), and when she got back, I'd go.. by 2pm, we were hot, sticky, burnt and tired, so we started tallying up our sales, and packing up the junk. I only had 1 box left, out of about 6 that I started with. It was great. Jen made over $200, and I made over$100. Not bad for a few hours of sacrificing sitting in the sun, eh?

Once everything was packed up and put away, Justin Rosko and I headed to the beach for about an hour.. it usually takes a lot for me to get into the lake in July, but it was soo warm, and I was soo hot!! We played ball with Rosko, and then came home. We went for ice cream after supper, and decided to get a few coolies.. imagine the bargain I found when I went into the Liquor store to buy a hat and t-shirt and got 24 beer free!! LOL

Yesterday was a relaxing day.. I washed my car, and kinda got all of the dust off of the dash (don't think it's been dusted since last Summer), cleaned up a little around the house, and then vegged on the couch in the air conditioning for the rest of the day!!

Ahh.. what a way to end a hot weekend.. wrapped in a blanket on the couch because you're cold!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home